Week 3 Story: Agastya's Plastic Surgery Clinic

Agastya's Plastic Surgery Clinic 

Are you struggling with your self confidence due to disfigurement from Dark Magic or are you missing your ear that you cut off in a fit of craziness?! Well look no further! Here at Agastya's Plastic Surgery Clinic we help those who have lost their nose, ears or even both! We offer consultations at our office in the Dandaka Forest, so take a hike to come visit us and we will see what we can do to get you looking brand new and to increase your confidence! Here are some testimonies from past patients who love the results they have received from Agastya's Plastic Surgery Clinic. 

Vincent Van Gogh
"During a mental breakdown, I decided to chop off my own ear! I thought it might help me to be more creative since I am an artist, but in reality, it made me feel even worse than I did before. After visiting tons of doctors that turned me away, I decided to visit Agastya's Plastic Surgery Clinic. Agastya was able to repair my ear and I am so thankful for it! I feel like a new man and have started painting new paintings after months of not creating anything. Thanks Agastya's Plastic, I'll be recommending you to other artists that loose their minds, and ears!"

Voldemort
"Being a young wizard, I fell into Dark Magic despite the talks I heard at school from D.A.R.E, Dark magic Abuse Resistance Education. The headmaster at my school, Hogwarts, tried to tell me about how dangerous it was, but I did not listen. As a result, I started to look like a snake. Each time I participated in Dark Magic, my features became more and more distorted. One day I woke up and my nose was ENTIRELY gone. When I looked in the mirror I barely even recognized myself. Because I hated how I looked, I acted out by doing even MORE Dark Magic. Finally, I had had enough. I saw a commercial for Agastya's Plastic Surgery Clinic and called the number right away. Agastya was able to repair my nose and since then I have stayed away from Dark Magic. Thank you Agastya's Plastic Surgery Clinic!"

Shurpanakha
"I had a crush on this guy named Rama. I begged him to leave his wife and marry me, but he said no and told me to go ask his brother, Lakshmana, but he said no as well. I was not happy about this and we ended up getting into a fight where he cut off my ears and my nose! I was devastated. I ran back to my brothers Ravana and Khara and told them what happened. While they were shocked about what had happened to me, they knew just what to do. They drove me to Agastya's Plastic Surgery Clinic in the Dandaka Forest and Agastya was able to fix me up. In fact, I like my new nose even better, so joke's on you Lakshmana!"


Author's Note: In the Ramayana, Agastya is a wise sage that Rama visits and Shurpanakha is a female demon who wants Rama to marry her. Rama declines, because he is true to Sita. Shurpanakha then decides to ask Lakshmana, but he says no and slices her nose and ears off. That reminded of me of Vincent Van Gogh and him slicing off his ear. As well as the movie, All the Money in the World (go see it if you haven't!) and Voldemort. So for my story I wanted to give those characters a chance to get their ears and noses fixed and decided to write a story where Agastya is a plastic surgeon. 


Voldemort's profile
photo credits
Shurpanakha after her nose and ears are cut off
photo credit

Vincent Van Gogh's self portait after he cut off his ear
photo credits






Comments

  1. Oh wow, this is great: I love the way stories about familiar characters can catch me totally by surprise like this. Van Gogh AND Voldemort AND Surpanakha... and Agastya too. Fabulous! You had me hooked from the very first paragraph. I wonder if Shurpanakha will recommend Agastya to her brother Ravana for all those extra heads and arms... especially the head that is a donkey head which is just, well, kind of weird! (Ravana with a donkey head) ... now I am imagining some kind of Rishi Clinic in the forest where all the creatures, human and otherwise, could come with their woes, physical and mental, to get some help! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of taking these fictitious characters and pulling them together in such a weird and original way. I also liked the way you told stories, but structured the post as an advertisement. As a harry potter fan, I kind of wish Voldemort had made it to Agastya's before filming; I didn't really like his lack of nose in the movies! Also, I am woefully uneducated about art, so this is the first I'm hearing of Van Gogh cutting his own ear off. I can't say it's a method I would pursue to find my own inspiration. I wonder what other characters in popular fiction would attend Agastya's Clinic; maybe Frodo can get his ring finger back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, Blake. This is a really interesting take on the story of Shurpanakha. I like the advertisement style of it, and you did a nice job of blending it in with other stories that are much more modern. Until now, I hadn’t considered doing an ad style story, and I might try experimenting with one in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Blake. The story you created is extremely creative. When I was reading the Ramayana, I found Shurpanakha reaction to Rama denial a little bit over the top. The way you thought of Vincent Van Gogh and Voldemort is amusing. I never quite understood while Voldemort didn’t use some of his emissive magical power to fix up his body. I always assumed his appearance was too tied to magical abilities, so he never did anything to change it. Also, his looks did wonders for his dark lord title. For Vincent Van Gogh I’m glad he got his ear back. I wonder if you thought of any other characters that could use a body part replacement. My first thought was Luke Skywalker and his getting a nonrobotic hand back. I really enjoy you creative writing style. I hope you think of even wilder stories in the future and I will get to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Blake! I love this! My favorite is how you included Shurpanakha and how she had her nose and ear cut off! I think that is really cool! The including of Vincent Van Gogh was a nice touch as well. I think it is so creative that you chose to write about a plastic surgery idea. It is really funny and now I am excited to read more of your stories! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment