Famous Last Words: Snow Days!

photo credits
Looking back on this past week is different than my other Famous Last Words post, because we had almost an entire week of snow days! It was such a fun surprise to be snowed in with my friends for a few days. I swore that I was going to work ahead on this class, but in reality I did not do a single ounce of school work. My roommates and I watched so many movies and TV shows and order way too much Chinese delivery, but boy was it fun! 

One of the best shows we watched was the new Queer Eye reboot that is on Netflix. It is so fun and lighthearted, yet it can bring you to tears because it will make you feel better about humanity and the world.  I also watched The Breadwinner, which is an animated movie that is up for an Oscar this year. It is about a girl who fights back under Taliban rule by pretending to be a boy. It reminded me of a reworking of Mulan. It is really good and has a great message, check it out for sure. It is on Netflix. 

As far as school goes, I think I have a case of senioritis. I have little to no motivation lately! All I can think about is the weekends and the fact that spring break is right around the corner. Yesterday I even did my taxes and laundry over homework and I absolutely hate doing both of those things! I was doing really anything I could to avoid the homework that I had put off all week last week! I need to buckle down before all of the schoolwork I have hits me all at once, which I am sure is what will happen soon if I don't have a few hardcore study days soon. 


Comments

  1. I totally relate to this. I saw that we were getting the icy weather, and said to myself that I would get some work done. However, I just chilled, watched t/Netflix, and played video games for the most part. Those snow days were great. They gave me a few extra days to study for my Exam that was supposed to happen on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment