Famous Last Words: The Oscars

photo credits
Last night was the 90th Academy Awards, which I had been looking forward to for a long time. My roommates and I ordered Chinese takeout and bought a cake with our favorite nominee on it, which was Timothee Chalamet for best leading actor for his role in Call Me By Your Name. He was the youngest person in 80 years to be nominated in that category! Sadly, he did not win, but the cake still tasted pretty sweet! All in all, I really enjoyed the awards and predicted 19/24 of the wins correctly, which I was proud of. Something crazy did happen before the Oscars started though, as our TV in our living room went out and we had to move a TV from my bedroom, which is about 1/4 of the size of our original TV, into the living room. We were pretty upset at first, but we got over it. First world problems, right? 

School wise, I feel like I am drowning in work. Stuff really amped up recently (I feel like I say this every week) as I have a midterm, client presentation, focus group and paper all due in the next couple of days. This past week almost all of my other courses got pushed aside to make time for the immense amount of work I had in my capstone course, so this week will be spent catching up on all my other classes besides capstone, though I am sure capstone will find a way to weasel itself into my days! To say I am ready for spring break is an understatement.  I am not going anywhere for it, and I actually feel relieved because the break will be a great chance to rest and relax without having to worry about courses and assignments. Spring break also means that graduation is right around the corner, which I cannot wait for as my senioritis is at an all time high recently. 

Comments

  1. Blake, I love the oscars! My friends and I all had the chance to take time out of our busy schedules to come together and hang out and eat snacks! I feel like I can definitely relate about this time of year. I find myself looking at my week on Sundays and deciding which classes I'll focus on and which ones I'll push aside. I hope that your spring break is nice and relaxing because it sounds like you definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment