Wikipedia Trail: From M.C. Escher to Guinness World Records

Photo Credits
M.C. Escher 

I heard about M.C. Escher on the class announcements and wanted to learn more about him. Today is actually the anniversary of his death. He was an artist that was heavily influenced by math and included it in his work. He travelled a lot and was inspired by architecture in places like Florence, which led me to my next article.


Florence
I have never been to Florence but I have always wanted to go, so I enjoyed learning more about the city. Since it is a hub for fashion, many designers are based out of Florence, like Emilio Pucci and also Gucci, which is the article that I chose to read about next.

Gucci
Gucci is a designer brand that what founded in 1921 in Florence. One thing that I really liked learning from this Wikipedia article was that Gucci made the most expensive jeans in the world. They sold for over $3000 and were distressed with African beads. The Guinness World Records gave them this award in 1998, but it has since been surpassed.

Guinness World Records
This might seem obvious, but I had no idea that the Guinness World Records were tied to Guinness Breweries, I had just assumed it was a coincidence. It was cool to learn that they were founded in 1954 over an argument in a pub over the fastest game bird in Europe. That argument led to a very lucrative business!












Comments